Monday, September 30, 2013

remembering my manifesto.


i spent a long time deciding what words would find their way 
into my manifesto.
i wanted to remind myself,
simply and clearly
of what i stood for.
what i believed with my whole heart.

those phrases are here

and because my manifesto
was only  written on my blog
and i don't go back and read over my posts regularly
(but i do occasionally)
i hadn't seen the words for what turned out to be too long.
i had forgotten some.

last week was tough.
and i needed some reminders.
i went searching to remember and return to the roots of me.
and i laughed when i remembered that i need to always carry benadryl.
now that i am eating again, that is a daily necessity.
and i had forgotten that i promised to light candles.
and so i have begun again.

the little things.
the ones we don't think matter, but do.
snail mail.
started that again a few weeks ago
and my goodness i felt grounded.

the big ones.
loving big and listening to my heart whispers.
so glad i put those on there.
so grateful i want to remind myself daily to be who i am meant to be.

the manifesto got copied out
all hurried and messily into my current journal
and i am finding myself returning to it again and again.
checking in on myself,
 remembering what makes my heart sing, 
using the words as boundaries and "atta girl!"
for guiding my days.

i appreciate this space,
even as i return to it less and less
because it allows me to look back,
to recall, to remind, to notice patterns, growth and stories of my days.

do you have a manifesto?
a guiding word?
{mine is stretch this year}
i recommend the practice.




1 comment:

  1. Hmm... I don't have a manifesto - but you inspire me to assemble one! I, too, have had one-of-those-weeks. In fact, several in a row: September has been one-of-those-months. I feel like I'm treading water in a typhoon.

    I'll have to think about what would belong on my list...

    ReplyDelete