Thursday, February 14, 2013

oh life.

this post has nothing to do with my cat
 
two years ago
i sent a request to our local college
about getting credit for
my life.
you know,
the twenty some years
i have spent working with kids,
learning from encounters,
reading, seminar taking,
part of a degree courses
that sort of life.
 
today,
i heard back from them.
 
ya.
today.
i know right?
and it stopped me in my tracks
because
first off,
i didn't remember that i had emailed them
and then once i did remember
i just felt
well,
jolted a bit.
 
this post doesn't really have an ending.
just a ramble of
how weird it felt.
 
i think the bigger question is
how do we get "credit" for our lives
at all
and why do i need to.
 
that's actually what this post is about.
i don't know the answer yet.

ps.
and then i pushed publish,
went to check my inbox
and there were two more emails
from two years ago.
one,
signing me up for a first aid course
and the other confirming,
that yes,
we could take surf lessons when we were in Tofino.

my mind is blown.
 


2 comments:

  1. gosh, were they really lost in cyber space all that time, lost messages appearing now! must feel a little strange! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. It makes you think doesn't it? Not only in regards to the fact it took two years to get a reply... but that they all came in at once... and then... you think, whoa... what was I thinking at that time when I sent these requests out? College, surf lessons, and first aid all at once? Your mind was kind of all over the place. I have had many times just like this too.
    So... were you able to get credit for those 20 years???? If so, please let me know because I could use it too:)
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete