Sunday, March 6, 2011

The 5 items on my bucket list...

March 6, 2o11
Dear Suzy,

you really had me thinking dear girl with your question of what are my 5 wishes...it's funny, we occasionally toss around the bucket list concept here at our house but never really do much other than that. one year for my birthday i did a 39 before 40 list and that was really fun and i might do that again this year, but those are easier because you pick things that you know you can do. Bucket lists seem to be a bit bigger. The ideas, the dreams, the hopes...they often seem just a wee bit or alot out of reach...but you know what...dreams keep us alive i think. so here you go....

First on the list would be HEALTH...i would like to live my life as a healthy individual. I would like to know that my body and I are friends, not enemies (as we seem to be right now). I would want to be able to rely on my body to support me. I also want to be spiritually, mentally and emotionally healthy. I would want these things more than anything else on my list. A year ago, this wouldn't be on my bucket list because I was healthy, or at least I thougth I was...ha! life changes so fast!


SEcond on my list, and i don't think this is in any particular order anymore, other than the first one, would be to own our own home...with my very own, put down roots back yard.

Our home would be built with room for others, and with room just for us. our home would be sustainable, green and meant to last...it would be our resting place, our gathering place, a place for people to feel welcome and valued in.  our home would have big windows and warm floors, white couches and red walls. our home would be surrounded with gardens and paths and the birds would chirp each morning, waking us up to a new day:) We would have a big deck with an outdoor kitchen and in my deepest dreams would be right by the ocean, but of course, never too cold...(which is why that is a dream, not a reality...the ocean is cold)

Third on my list would be to see the Northern Lights...
Can you imagine!!!! I know my brother, and jenn have seen the Northern Lights...i am jealous..I imagine if I saw the Northern Lights I would be in so much awe that I would be speechless...i imagine i would just want to stay staring at the sky forever and never turn away...

Forth in my bucket is to attend Journal Fest...http://www.teeshaslandofodd.com/journalfest/info.html
I would really, really love this opportunity and I think it might just happen, not this year, but perhaps in 2012. I so love my journals, and the recording of my life that they have become. I love seeing bits of me written down and remembered...

And finally, I would love to do humanitarian work with my family.  I would love to combine my wanderlust with my deep compassion and desire to make a difference. I would love to go to amazing places and help make a difference, while at the same time, experiencing the beauty of other countries and cultures.

So there you have it...my top 5...thanks for inspiring me to think about my dreams Suzy...i leave you with this...
Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child, listen to the DON'TS-listen to
the SHOULDN'TS, the IMPOSSIBLES, the WONT'S- listen to
the NEVER HAVEs. Then listen close to me- anything can happen,
child. ANYTHING can be.- Shel SIlverstein

1 comment:

  1. I love your list Tania... It is great. We share some of the same motives and dreams...
    of course humor got the better of me in my list :)

    ReplyDelete