Sunday, March 18, 2012

remembering this.


"my first reaction will keep me making the same choices.
It will keep me at the same level.
It will have me say things in defensiveness
that i would not say in sanity and i'd never think in love.
Pain is the opportunity to practice.
Pain is the portal to another choice, another self, another life."
-tama kieves-

i am crawling through people. crawling through.
i love this line
"it will have me say things in defensiveness that i would not say in sanity and i'd never think in love"
i need to keep my mouth shut right now. and my thinking held captive so that i don't say things that aren't loving and true and kind and wise and gentle.
to others,to myself.
especially myself.

2 comments:

  1. I don't want to be glib or to sound patronizing. I almost chose not to comment at all, for fear of those two. (See? I am meeting your vulnerability with a vulnerability of my own!) But it is on my heart to share, like a hug, the only thing I know of that's worth sharing...

    We are beloved of God. And that makes all the difference.

    If God loves us, who can be against us? Including ourselves... All our human loves that are true (and every other good thing in the universe) are little pictures He's given us, from different angles and all in miniature, of His own overwhelming love for us. And if God - who invented us - loves us THAT MUCH, how can we not strive to be loving-true-kind-wise-gentle to ourselves? Now, I know that's not the WHOLE story. But it is the beginning of the story - and the most important part - and it's also the end of the story.

    Where we are now, here in the middle of the story, the best we can usually do is to keep on crawling towards the light...and keep on giving each other sisterly hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "crawling towards the light"..yes, that seems a perfect way to describe the journey!

      Delete