Friday, March 2, 2012

what i am trying to practice...


"litte girl, don't you go letting life harden your heart."

we can let life's circumstances harden us
 so that we become increasingly resentful and afraid
, or we can let them soften us and make us kinder and more open to what scares us.
We always have this choice.
We choose the script we are listening to in our head.
We can, at any time rewrite it and start anew.

this is hard. it is tedious. it requires large amounts of chocolate.
this practice forces me to sit and stare at my situations and make a choice.
if every situation is an opportunity for growth
for teaching
but i let my fears or my gremlins chat away in my head
i risk losing the moment.
the breakthrough.
the lesson waiting for me.

so often, i am seeing that my fears come back to control.
i want to be in control.
not in a tyranical, mean boss sort of way
but as a means of protecting and saving others..

which then perhaps doesn't  allow them their own journey and teachings.
wanting to save them from the very moments that create us to be who we are.
it is understandable of course,
we don't want to see those we love in pain. ever.
ever.ever.ever.
and there are times when safety comes first
but i need to get out of the way sometimes
let go of the fears. trust the bigger process.

i need to cultivate a soft heart.


1 comment:

  1. I like this...I'm glad I read this today.

    "it requires large amounts of chocolate." Hooo! And that was very funny.

    ReplyDelete